[Test-Announce] Fedora 18 Beta Test Compose 8 (TC8) Available Now!

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Sat Nov 10 22:07:05 UTC 2012

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Tomasz Torcz <tomek at pipebreaker.pl> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 10:41:16PM +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> Andre Robatino wrote:
>> > *IMPORTANT*: Both TC8 install DVDs are oversized and will not fit on
>> > single-layer DVDs. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD#Capacity for
>> > DVD size limits.
>>
>> See what damage "Mini"DebugInfo is doing? Nobody (other than me) cared about
>> CD size for the live CDs, but surely DVD size for the install DVD matters!
>
>   Let's drop KDE then.

Fine with me - I use GNOME. ;-) But seriously, I have a huge
collection of 4 GB USB sticks and will never buy a CD or DVD blank
again. I simply won't test anything that won't fit on a 4 GB drive.
openSUSE crossed that bridge already, and I suppose the 700 MB CD is a
dead duck in all the distros now. But really, if you've got more than
4 GB on your "full install" media, you're not managing your distro
effectively.

> --
> Tomasz Torcz               RIP is irrevelant. Spoofing is futile.
> xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl     Your routes will be aggreggated. -- Alex Yuriev
>
> --

Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
Workbench: http://znmeb.github.com/Computational-Journalism-Publishers-Workbench/

How the Hell can the lion sleep with all those people singing "A weem
oh way!" at the top of their lungs?