Fedora 18 Beta to slip by two weeks, Beta release date is now Nov 27

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 16:58:01 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 5:49 PM, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 11/12/2012 08:45 AM, drago01 wrote:
>>
>> And there was a third option ... port over the old anaconda to the F18
>> changes. (so you'd have less changes).
>

> Which would have taken just about as long to get working, and would delay
> the newui move further.

How so? You'd have to just port over the other layers to work with the
new stuff and in F19 focus on the UI.
Now you had to do both at the same time with the same amount of man power.

> But that's OK, you can keep banging that drum.

Yeah I know that something like that would be coming back but well ...
we can't change what happened and unfortunately can't even learn from
the mistakes made because the "everything else is impossible"
attitude.