[@core] working definition for the minimal package set

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon Nov 12 20:21:43 UTC 2012

On 11/12/2012 12:17 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 12:08:38PM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
>> To be fair if we're talking about redefining what goes into @core
>> (which cannot be deselected, and mandatory items cannot be
>> deselected) then even those doing kickstart/pxe are relevant to the
>> discussion.
>
> Is it now the case that they can't be deselected with "-" in kickstart?

Historically the @core group did not have anything other than mandatory
packages as there was no UI to deselect them (because core was not a
visible group).  Core is still not a visible group, but there appears to
be a few "default" packages in there now, NetworkManager, ppc64-utils,
and sendmail.  I'm not sure of the backstory on this, but now you can -
those packages (provided nothing else requires them).  More of @core
could be made this way, if that was desired for the kickstarters.

--
Help me fight child abuse: http://tinyurl.com/jlkcourage

- jlk