[Test-Announce] Fedora 18 Beta Test Compose 8 (TC8) Available Now!

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Nov 12 21:36:43 UTC 2012

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 21:09:42 +0000
"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I'm in the KDE SIG. We were basically forced to give up CD size
> > because "Mini"DebugInfo was approved by FESCo over our objection.
> > (We objected because of this very size issue.) FESCo explicitly
> > told us "Make your image larger then, we don't care". SIGs setting
> > their own size targets only works if the size targets are actually
> > enforced against the "features" which break them!
>
> Fesco needs to provide the reasoning behind that decision to me it
> makes no sense since the community surrounding their spins are the
> once that actually decide what goes on them since they are the once
> doing their own leg work...

Please read all the logs from the fesco meetings where this feature was
approved.

FESCo decided the benefit to always having mini-debuginfo
available outweighed the downside of increased space.

I don't recall anyone saying "Make your image larger then, we don't
care".

Your possible options are:

a) target a larger size (which is what you have done?)

b) ask FESCo to reconsider, but you probibly want some kind of NEW data
for that, because without that it's just likely to end the same way.

c) Drop some more stuff from the live to get it back under 700mb.

kevin