livemedia-creator and the fedora build system [was Re: appliance-creator: how can I ...]

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Nov 12 20:54:21 UTC 2012

Am 12.11.2012 21:49, schrieb Kevin Kofler:
> Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>> Maybe one day we'll have good nested virt though ...
>
> Nested virt would really be the right solution, if we can make it work with
> today's hardware. It feels quite wrong that virtualization can do everything
> except virtualizing, it kinda breaks the abstraction

i think this will be possible in the future

VMware workstation supports ESXi with 64bit guests as long your
CPU supports http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_Page_Table
or the AMD equivalent not having in mind currently

so it is much liekly to have it supported in KVM too over the
long if it does not already exist and can only not be used by
hardware lacking the cpu-features