iprutils -- should this be pulled in by anaconda instead of in core?

David Cantrell dcantrell at redhat.com
Tue Nov 13 13:41:00 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 10:23:28PM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> The iprutils package provides utilities for IBM Power Linux RAID adapters.
> Up until current rawhide, this was exclusive to that architecture. However,
> now it's built on all archs (because these devices _may_ be found there).
>
> I know anaconda currently does some magic to install storage-related
> packages; should this be included there rather than on the minimal list?
> It's not a big package, but unless it's necessary I don't think we want to
> force it on every system everywhere, do we?

anaconda would only need to do that if those utilities are required to
activate or otherwise make the device available.

If they are required, then we also need to know how these RAID devices
differ from other RAID devices.  If it's substantially different, a new
device should be created so that the device can be represented properly and
iprutils included.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell at redhat.com>
Manager, Installer Engineering Team