[@core] working definition for the minimal package set

Thomas Bendler ml at bendler-net.de
Tue Nov 13 14:33:02 UTC 2012

2012/11/13 Christopher Meng <cickumqt at gmail.com>

> I don't know Fedora minimal looks like...FOR SERVER USE the Minimal
> includes:
>
> [...]
BUT FOR DESKTOP USE,I think it should also have a desktop based on server
> version...That's what is troubling me...If it [...]

This is something we shouldn't mix. When we are talking about core I would
assume it is the core for everything, regardless if it is a server or a
desktop. So if we talk about server minimal or desktop minimal, we talk
about core + X for server minimal and core + Y for desktop minimal.

So from my point of view, core is not minimal, it is the base for every
later taste, regardless if server, desktop, mobile or whatever.

Regards, Thomas
--
Linux ... enjoy the ride!