raising warning flag on firewalld-default feature

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 13 14:46:31 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 02:28:17PM +0100, Tomasz Torcz wrote:
> > > It would loose internal state if it would be D-BUS activated.
> > Surely it could persist it somewhere?
>   Like in the actual netfilter rules?

Yes.

It has to be able to save internal state *somehow*, because if restarting
the service breaks everything, we're not gaining much over the old way, are
we? Plus, for a critical service like this, the service needs to be designed
to be as robust as possible in situations where it might crash or get killed
arbitrarily.

And for things like the ten-second-temporary rule, it could hang around for
a while.