Fedora 18 Beta to slip by two weeks, Beta release date is now Nov 27

Mike Chambers mike at mtchambers.com
Tue Nov 13 16:47:05 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-11-12 at 19:19 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:

> This thread continues to get more absurd. Everyone agrees it would be
> good to make the installer as efficient as possible. It is open source
> code. Check it out from git and go to work. Patches to
> anaconda-devel-list. The anaconda team is aware that memory usage could
> be optimized; however, you may have noticed they're a _tad_ busy with
> other things too. Is there anything more to say in this thread? Given
> that no silly usage / historical comparisons anyone can make are going
> to magically result in a halving of the RAM use of the installer?

One more thing Adam, is that people just need to *chill out*, continue
to help test and find bugs as much as possible *before* the final
release, to help make it as pleasant as possible when it does go Gold.
Who the hell cares if it slips a little or we take a tad longer to fix
something up cause it's a major deal?  Not like we can't run it *now* as
is and use it currently as we wait.  If you can't handle things as done
now, go find something else more stable, or just use gold releases and
don't worry bout testing and dealing with stuff.  Wait for official
releases and quit complaining about this or that.  Hell this stuff is
all free, why the hell am I gonna complain?

SMH...Just my $.02, am done. Ok more coffee now :)

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best little town on Earth!"