[@core] working definition for the minimal package set

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Nov 14 03:57:24 UTC 2012

Once upon a time, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> said:
> It might be worth re-evaluating whether that's realistic any more,
> though, and whether we're _really_ committed to finally replacing
> network with NM in some kind of reasonable timeframe.

Until NM supports 802.1q, bridging, and tunnels, to name a few things
which AFAIK it does not yet, it isn't a suitable replacement.  If/when
it gets to the point it can handle all the things the basic network
service/scripts can do, then having it in @core could be revisited.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>