Fedora Minimal Core SIG -- please join if you're interested

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Wed Nov 14 04:54:23 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 12:15 PM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> So, here's a proposal for a semi-informal group linking different
> stakeholders interested in curating the @core package selection:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Minimal_Core
>
> Please comment and join if you're interested. This is intended to be a
> request for comments and input rather than a finish document.
>
> Note that "Minimal Core" isn't meant to necessarily imply "minimal possible
> distribution". I would have just called it "Fedora Core", if we didn't
> already have a lot of baggage around that name. It means "minimal for us",
> and the group's mission is defining exactly what that means, and
> estabilishing sensible standards around that.
>
> Basically, we have the various desktop SIGs which decide what goes into
> those package sets, and it's reasonable to have one for core as well.
>

> --
> Matthew Miller  ☁☁☁  Fedora Cloud Architect  ☁☁☁  <mattdm at fedoraproject.org>
> --

I'm in.

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
Workbench: http://znmeb.github.com/Computational-Journalism-Publishers-Workbench/

How the Hell can the lion sleep with all those people singing "A weem
oh way!" at the top of their lungs?