Setting the default firewall configuration (was Re: Attention, dependency fighters)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Nov 14 09:54:48 UTC 2012

Am 14.11.2012 01:52, schrieb Adam Williamson:
> I don't think that maintaining iptables/s-c-f forever as a 'lightweight
> alternative' to firewalld is the way to go

IT IS the way to go!

not as default, not supported via GUI is OK

but iptables.service and "configuration" with shellscripts is what
in many professional usecases is needed, the only thing which is
needed by administrators is the iptables-command and iptables.service

so you can satisfy the desktop users with GUI/firewalld and
do not punish professional users with iptables-rules you
never can put in any GUI