Using snapper for OfflineSystemUpdates

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 16:56:27 UTC 2012

On 14 November 2012 16:27, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:
> If you're using the yum backend, it already has support for this
> via a plugin.

Yes, I'm using yum but this problem applies for other distros too.

> snapper's just a wrapper around the other commandline tools, right? We
> do have 'system-storage-manager' now; see the 'ssm snapshot' command
> it provides.

I looked at ssm, but I didn't find any way to do anything other than
snapshot, create and delete. I need to be able to roll back the
current system to a working system using a snapshot, or at least get a
diff of one snapshot to another. Snapper seems to provide a dbus
service which I can use to do all the heavy lifting. They are indeed
very similar.

Richard.