Revamping the non responsive maintainer process

Przemek Klosowski przemek.klosowski at nist.gov
Wed Nov 14 21:25:45 UTC 2012

On 11/11/2012 10:01 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> On 11/06/2012 06:07 AM, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
>> Oh no, you are top posting again ;-)
>>

> And please, please, please could we trim quotes to relevant ones?  Thanks!

Ohmahgerd, thank you for saying that. I am all for bottom posting but
the _reason_ for bottom posting is that one responds to a specific
phrase in the original. When people bottom-post a short reply under
dozen-quoting-levels, multi-paragraph quote, it's actually less useful
than if they just top-posted. In other words, bottom posting should not
be a cargo cult, but instead a result of commitment to careful editing
and meaningful communication.