bodhi 0.9.3 deployed to production

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Nov 15 07:39:46 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-11-15 at 06:31 +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:

> > Still, even in RHEL's policy, CURRENTRELEASE is clearly wrong for a
> > straightforward 'this was a bug that got fixed and we pushed an update'
> > case, so I don't know why people are suddenly plumping for it, other
> > than that it somehow 'sounds right'.
>
> Unless it's a bugfix that is pushed to multiple releases and the one
> your after isn't the one that made it stable first at which point
> errata IMO makes slightly more sense. After all in our case
> CURRENTRELEASE changes roughly every 6 months so it becomes a moving
> target. In RHEL CR makes more sense because it would be the current
> dot release in the X cycle, where X is 4/5/6/7 etc.

CURRENTRELEASE is clearly only for niche cases by both the RHEL and
Fedora definitions. RHEL: "CURRENTRELEASE - The problem described has
been fixed and only ever appeared in unsupported or unreleased
products." Fedora: "The resolution CURRENTRELEASE is to be used in the
case where a bug is reported before a release is made, and subsequently
discovered to be fixed in the final release. For instance, a bug is
reported against Fedora 18 while it is still in the pre-release stages,
and remains open when the release is made; however, when the final
Fedora 18 is made, the reporter re-tests and discovers the bug was
actually fixed. In this case, the CURRENTRELEASE resolution is used."

Both of those make it pretty clear it's only to be used in specific,
fairly unusual circumstances, not as the routine resolution for a bug
filed through Bugzilla, accepted by the maintainer, and fixed in the
normal course of events. (Though I think the name is a bit confusing if
you're just trying to figure out what resolution to use based on the
names alone). ERRATA is the 'correct' resolution for that case for both
RHEL (post-release at least) and Fedora (post-Branched).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey