The GNOME 3.6.2 Megaupdate

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Nov 15 18:02:43 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-11-15 at 10:57 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 18:49:50 +0100
> Vít Ondruch <vondruch at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Dne 15.11.2012 18:45, Vít Ondruch napsal(a):
> ...snip...
>
> > > I wish it would be installable as a single update. If bodhi could
> > > compose the yum install command for copy paste at least, it might
> > > be helpful as well.
> >
> > 'yum update' actually, but you get the point ;)
>
> bodhi -D FEDORA-2012-18258
>
> will download all packages in that update for you.

Right. What I do is have a little side repo:

[root at adam live]# cat /etc/yum.repos.d/side.repo
[side]
name=Private side repo
baseurl=file:///home/adamw/local/repo/$basearch
enabled=1
metadata_expire=30
gpgcheck=0

So I can go to ~/local/repo/x86_64, do 'bodhi -D FEDORA-2012-18258',
'createrepo .', 'sudo yum update'. Pretty straightforward once you get
used to it, and it's handy to have stuff you're forcing in in an actual
repository. Note the metadata_expire line, which sets the repo's
metadata to expire in 30 seconds, so it's pretty much always fresh
(there's about zero time penalty for getting the metadata from a small
local disk side repo like this, so you may as well).

Note that if you want to pull something from koji that isn't yet in
bodhi, you can do 'koji download-build --arch=noarch --arch=x86_64
buildid' to get all the binary packages from the build at once. (change
to i686 if you're 32-bit, obviously).

Oh, and while we're on the 'neat bodhi tricks' subject, if you're
running x86_64 but you need to pull down the 32-bit builds of a Bodhi
update (for building a live image or something), 'linux32 bodhi -D' will
DTRT.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey