Backporting LLVM 3.1 for Fedora 17

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Fri Nov 16 17:41:27 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-11-16 at 16:32 +0100, Jakub Jelinek wrote:

> I guess for that it doesn't help that only one of the 4 llvm-libs
> shared libraries (libLLVM-3.*.so) has the version in its name, the other
> 3 clearly dependent on that one don't, eventhough I very much doubt they
> are anywhere close to be ABI compatible.

Ugh, true.  Mercifully, nothing appears to be using them:

$ repoquery --provides llvm-libs.x86_64
BugpointPasses.so()(64bit)
LLVMgold.so()(64bit)
config(llvm-libs) = 3.1-11.fc18
libLLVM-3.1.so()(64bit)
libLTO.so()(64bit)
libprofile_rt.so()(64bit)
llvm-libs = 3.1-11.fc18
llvm-libs(x86-64) = 3.1-11.fc18
$ repoquery --whatrequires 'BugpointPasses.so()(64bit)'
$ repoquery --whatrequires 'LLVMgold.so()(64bit)'
$ repoquery --whatrequires 'libLTO.so()(64bit)'
$ repoquery --whatrequires 'libprofile_rt.so()(64bit)'
$

So we should start by versioning those as well, even if we don't end up
doing compat packages.

- ajax