F18 sound issue -- which component to file bug?

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 21:26:22 UTC 2012

Hello all,

I'm having an issue with sound on my F18 laptop, and I'm not sure which
component to file the bugzilla against. Symptoms:

- When I log into KDE, the startup sound is very delayed (over 30 seconds)
- When I run the educational software "gcompris", all of the sound effects
are very delayed
- All other sound things seem to be working fine

Is anyone else seeing something similar? Where should I file the bug, and
does anyone have suggestions on how to investigate further?

I have a Samsung ultrabook, and the audio device is "Intel Corporation 7
Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev
04)", if that's relevant ...

Thanks,

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~mef3/
Interaction Lab -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/InteractionLab

Heriot-Watt University is a Scottish charity registered under charity
number SC000278