F18 sound issue -- which component to file bug?

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 21:35:40 UTC 2012

On 17 November 2012 21:26, Mary Ellen Foster <mefoster at gmail.com> wrote:

> - When I log into KDE, the startup sound is very delayed (over 30 seconds)
> - When I run the educational software "gcompris", all of the sound effects
> are very delayed
> - All other sound things seem to be working fine

Actually, that's not true: other KDE sound notifications seem to come at
least a second after the GUI event that they correspond to. This is about
the delay I'm also seeing in gcompris.

Playing music and Flash videos seems to work fine, though, and "paplay"
also doesn't seem to have any lag.

Suggestions welcome,

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~mef3/
Interaction Lab -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/InteractionLab

Heriot-Watt University is a Scottish charity registered under charity
number SC000278