[@core] working definition for the minimal package set

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Nov 19 17:02:16 UTC 2012

On 11/16/2012 06:35 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 09:06:03PM -0500, Scott Schmit wrote:> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 09:26:30AM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
>>> Tools outside of anaconda don't have to force @core, which opens
>>> those tools up to far more creative payloads.
>> So where's that put kickstart?
>> Or is the assumption that anyone who wants a more-minimal target won't
>> be going that route?
>
> Many of the outside-of-anaconda tools use kickstart too; they just don't
> necessarily have the same rules for pulling in core automatically.
>
> I don't know if that's necessarily a great situation, since it means the
> same kickstart will do different things in different situations.

This is kinda the point of breaking out pykickstart, so that other tools
can make use of the kickstart file format and parsing utilities without
having to drag in the rest of anaconda and anaconda's rules.

In fact, pykickstart is all about the format and parsing.  It's up to
other tools to actually /act/ upon the data.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!