Fedora 18 Beta to slip by two weeks, Beta release date is now Nov 27

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 20:06:34 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-11-20 at 12:36 -0500, Przemek Klosowski wrote:
> On 11/18/2012 04:19 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Oh by the way:
> >
> > Adam Williamson wrote:
> >> Meanwhile, our trusty European punctuation-less shit-stirrer (sound
> >> familiar, anyone?) is still saying we suck if we can't support minimal
> >> memory installs, and we should be better than 'winbloze':
> >>
> >> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2003-December/048553.html
> >
> > Since when is it acceptable on this list to direct ad-hominem attacks
> > against an entire continent?
>
> You can call me a prude if you want, but I would have chosen the wording
> differently, even though I didn't read Adam's words as offensive.
>
> BTW, the OP was apparently from Australia (ausics.net). It did occur to
> me that it could have been Adam's self-deprecation---is Adam Australian
> by any chance?

I was kinda hoping to just let that die a quiet death, but since this
thread has been thoroughly revived - I would've worded it differently if
I'd thought about it at all, and I'm sorry for that, it was a silly way
to put things. That thread was getting ridiculous and I was badly
stressed out from Beta work. Sorry to anyone who was offended by what I
wrote for any reason. I was really just trying to draw a humorous
comparison between fedora-devel circa 2003 and fedora-devel now (it
really was uncanny how similar the two threads were), but it got a bit
negative. Sorry about that.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey