Fedora 18 Beta Go/No-Go Meeting, Thursday, November 22 @ 20:00 UTC (3pm Eastern, 12pm Pacific)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 20:28:01 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-11-20 at 21:16 +0100, drago01 wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 9:11 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> >> What about Friday?
> >
> > I think we agreed previously that Thursday was as late as we could go
> > while giving time for staging and so on. QA could do go/no-go 10 minutes
> > before release, but other groups need more time, so it's up to them to
> > decide how far we can push it.
>
> Does one day really make that much of a difference? Lets just slip one
> day for the beta (release on Wednesday instead of Tuesday) then.

Well, we already 'pushed it' one day to Thursday permanently for this
cycle - it used to be Wednesday. Friday gives only about a business day
and a half, plus the weekend, for whatever has to happen between
sign-off and release.

The cycle is weekly by policy - we don't do one-day slips...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey