Fedora 18 Beta Go/No-Go Meeting, Thursday, November 22 @ 20:00 UTC (3pm Eastern, 12pm Pacific)

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 20 21:35:25 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 12:58:07PM -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> My recollection (I believe that jkeating proposed this policy so he can
> correct me if I'm misremembering anything) is that the days of the week that
> we can release on is determined by what works best for mirrors.  Tuesdays
> and Thursdays were seen as suitable for this.  The discussion happened on
> the mailing list but my google-fu is failing to find it at the moment.

As a former mirror admin, I can vouch for this. However, I don't think
Wednesday would be a particular hardship.

I'm for keeping delays at a week-based granularity for another reason,
though. In the big scheme of things, a delay of a week is unfortunate but
not earth-shaking. Having that be the policy means less thought needs to be
put into quibbling about delaying by N, N-1, or N+2 days, and then
revisiting that again daily. If it's not ready this time, there's a quick
meeting and we move on.