LibRaw: possible license issues

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Mon Nov 26 18:54:42 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 07:40:10PM +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> I am not familiar with gstreamer's internals, but AFAIIK, these
> plugins aren't linked, but "dlopen'ed".
>
> Otherwise these "plugins" would not be "plugins" ;)

The difference is an implementation detail, and so depending on it for
legal purposes is a stretch. However, as far as *we're* concerned, I
don't think there's a problem - everything we ship would be fine with
GPLv3, and any additional combinations occur at the user's end. Upstream
may care due to distributions with different policies, but I don't know
that that's a discussion we need to have here.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org