Self Introduction

Edward Mann e.dev at edmann.com
Tue Nov 27 19:47:46 UTC 2012

I would like to be the maintainer for the Enlightenment e17 for
Fedora. I am sending this e-mail to seek guidance and also a sponsor.
Getting e17 on Fedora i will need to build and install the following
packages

eina - Core data structure library.

eet - Data
encode/decode and storage library.

evas - Canvas and scenegraph
rendering library.

ecore - Core mainloop, display abstraction and
utility library.

embryo - Small Pawn based virtual machine and
compiler.

edje - Abstract GUI layout and animation object library.

efreet - Standards handling for freedesktop.org standards.

e_dbus -
Dbus wrapping and glue layer library.

eeze - Device abstraction
library.

elementary - Elementary, the widget set...

emotion -
Emotion, video and audio codec API...

ethumb - EThumb, thumbnail
generation library...

eio - Eio, async I/O library...

and finally

Enlightenment 17 - The Window Manager and Desktop Shell.

I also
build Terminology a new terminal emulator based on the efl libraries. I
currently build these on a local vm and have a repository setup on my
website. I tried to use Koji however seeing that the required packages
needed to build e17 are not available i cannot build using Koji, or i
don't know how to do the builds. I would need to work my list down in
the order i have because eet depends on eina. So eina would need to be
build first then it's dev packages installed. Then ecore depends on the
packages listed above it.

On my local machine i wrote a script that
would build a package, install rpm and dev rpm then move on to the next
package. I am not sure how i would do this with koji.

I look forward to
feedback on this.

Thanks.