RFC: Feature process improvements

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Nov 29 00:21:01 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 09:08:59PM +0100, Miloslav Trmač wrote:
> this proposal was recently linked in various places, so let's formally
> introduce it:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Mmaslano/Feature_process

As discussed earlier, I liked the three-tier approach better, but I'm in
favor of any improvement, which I think this clearly is.

I think we do need more clarity on "system-wide/defaults changing features or
critical path components". What's the threshold for defaults? (LVM, for a
specific example.) What's the threshold for a change to a critical path
component?