[Help Wanted] Which package provide the System Module for rawhide

Ben Boeckel mathstuf at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 03:13:51 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 21:45:23 GMT, Jochen Schmitt wrote:
> Halli,
>
> I'm trying to build the kaya package for the rawnide branch of Fedora.
>
> Unfortunately, I have got the following error messages during the build
> process:
>
> make -C compiler
> make[1]: Entering directory `/builddir/build/BUILD/kaya-0.5.2/compiler'
> /usr/bin/happy -g -a -c ./Parser.y -iParser.out -oParser.hs
> unused terminals: 2
> g++ -fPIC -fno-rtti -Wall -O2 -DNDEBUG -Wno-deprecated -I.   -c -o repl_load.o repl_load.cc
> /usr/bin/ghc --make -fglasgow-exts   ./Main.hs repl_load.o -pgml g++ -o kayac -i. -odir .
> on the commandline:
>     Warning: -fglasgow-exts is deprecated: Use individual extensions instead
> Main.hs:31:8:
>     Could not find module `System'
>     It is a member of the hidden package `haskell98-2.0.0.1'.
>     Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.

The compiler found System, but is only using what it was told it was
allowed to use. It appears as though kaya is using autotools instead of
cabal. I don't know how to get it to accept haskell98 as a dependency.

> It may be nice, if anyone can tell me in which package I could find
> the missed System module.

We use ghc-$cabal_name-devel in Fedora, so ghc-haskell98-devel is the
BuildRequires (but given the error message it's installed).

-- Ben