RFC: Feature process improvements

pete lists at petetravis.com
Thu Nov 29 15:31:25 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-11-28 at 16:03 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 15:01:21 -0700,
> >
> >There are several mechanisms for a developer to get their work into the
> >release notes. The rel-notes BZ tag was wholly unused during this cycle, to
> >the best of my knowledge. There were no bugs filed against the
> >release-notes bugzilla product to request inclusion.  When no emails were
> >sent to the Docs mailing list, we put out a request on devel-announce for
> >developers to get in touch; the only person that responded already had a
> >well composed Feature page for us to work from.
>
> There was at least one bug where I suggested getting a release note in. But
> I didn't know of rel-notes tag.

It's actually 'fedora_requires_release_note' - you can find it with the
other, more familiar tags.

The response from Chris reminded me of the value of brevity, so I'll add
one comment before leaving the discussion to those qualified to
participate:
Documenting a distribution is a lot like law enforcement. You might get
results from routine patrols, but it is largely a complaint-driven
venture.

--pete