I want upgrade my computer

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Thu Nov 29 17:23:19 UTC 2012

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 16:47:16 +0000
Sérgio Basto <sergio at serjux.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have two machines for test on at home and one at office , I want
> upgrade to F18 Beta .
>

> 1 - Try Preupgrade but No preupgrade for F17->F18 ?
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2012-August/109441.html
>
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2012-November/173805.html
> Why this was disabled
> And what happen if I ignore preupgrade-ok=False

Yeah, preupgrade won't work at all for 17 -> 18. At some point before
release, the preupgrade package should be obsoleted in F17+ but that
hasn't happened yet.

> 2 - boot.iso, no boot.iso on
> http://mirrors.eu.kernel.org/fedora/development/18/x86_64/os/images/
> I try one  boot.iso from F18 Beta RC1 and understand why is not
> there , because doesn't work .

Upgrading via ISO is no longer an option with F18+

> 3 - Fedup , gives me a Traceback on transaction test. And don't let me
> upgrade .

Can you file a bug or provide more details? The debug log would also be
helpful (using --debuglog=<some filename> with fedup-cli)

As a side note, the test list is probably a better place to be
discussing upgrade issues for Fedora 18.

Tim