request: remove "gd.tuwien.ac.at" from mirror-lists

Zdenek Pavlas zpavlas at redhat.com
Wed Oct 3 14:23:48 UTC 2012

On Wed Sep 26 08:02:05, Reindl Harald wrote:

> yes, and that is why statistics of mirrors are meaningsless
> because of this fact my idea to give us a config-option
> "dear yum, if the selected mirror provides lower than
> 500 KB/sek try another one because my line can 12 MB/sec"

FWIW, we've increased the low speed limit in urlgrabber from
1 to 1000 B/sec.  This should fix the most pathological cases.
When speed falls below this limit for 30s, download is aborted
as if it timed out, and next mirror is used.  Each timeout also
halves the mirror's estimated speed so it will very likely be
avoided next time.

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2012-14928/python-urlgrabber-3.9.1-21.fc18

The timeout value (30s by default) could be adjusted in yum.conf.
Low speed limit is hardcoded, but there's a simple patch to add
it to yum.conf.. could be merged if necessary.

http://lists.baseurl.org/pipermail/yum-devel/2012-September/009634.html