abrt server report: 20121004

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu Oct 4 18:13:42 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 04, 2012 at 11:10:47AM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:

 >  > Feature request:
 >  > Can you do the same backtrace hashing abrt does, and provide a link to any
 >  > bugs in bugzilla with the abrt_hash in the whiteboard ?
 >
 > Never mind. It seems you do that, and I was looking at reports where no bug
 > had been filed. Perhaps print "no bug filed yet" in that case ?

Something else just occurred to me, that might be useful, would be to print the top-most function
in the summary page.  Looking at https://retrace.fedoraproject.org/faf/problems/hot/*/*/kernel/
it would be useful if I could see at a glance that bug 13935 was a wireless bug, without
needing to click into it.

But...  A lot of the 'function' fields on kernel bugs are going to be the same.
"warn_slowpath_common" or "warn_slowpath_null".  We have a billion WARN() statements all over
the kernel, and it's more useful knowing the location of where those are placed than the
function name of the WARN statement.
Ie, the summary for https://retrace.fedoraproject.org/faf/problems/13955/
should show "function: brcms_c_wait_for_tx_completion".

There may be a few other function names that would also require similar special casing.

	Dave