Unresponsive maintainer Jef Spaleta - Unpushed security update for 91 days

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 5 22:57:02 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 2:32 PM, Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:
> I noticed that the revelation security update was not pushed to stable.
> It is now 91 days old, which makes me suspect that Jef is somehow
> hindered to take care of it:

Here's the problem with that update.... it breaks existing revelation
setups for people because of the gconf schema change.

Upstream has seen it happen in upstream bug reports.

You have to nuke the gconf settings manually.

If I could find a way to avoid it from happening I'd have pushed this
update well ahead of my travel to the ass end of the pacific ocean.

As it stands I'm taking myself off the vacation list as of this
evening. But it doesn't change anything. The problem with the gconf
munching is still there.
I still don't have a solution for it. And noone else I've asked seems
to have one either.

WTF is going on with the gconf stuff that is preventing the schema
change from gracefully taking affect?
What do I need to change in the packaging to get it working so that
the most you have to do is logout and log back into your desktop
again?

-jef