Unresponsive maintainer Jef Spaleta - Unpushed security update for 91 days

Tadej Janež tadej.janez at tadej.hicsalta.si
Sat Oct 6 14:58:02 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-10-06 at 01:12 +0200, Till Maas wrote:
> I believe this was only the case with earlier updates. At least I did
> not notice the problem with the current update and there was no negative
> karma to the F17 update during 91 days saying otherwise.

I was the the one who gave bad karma to the F16 update, because it
didn't upgrade the gconf settings properly.
This is not some earlier version of the update, but the same version
that has been submitted to stable.

In my opinion, we should weight the impact of the security issue (see:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2012-June/168616.html)
against manual intervention the user has to do to get Revelation usable
again (manually deleting the ~/.gconf/schemas/apps/revelation folder).

Therefore, I'm against pushing the update to stable.

Regards,
Tadej