Confusing tracker bug naming
christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 20:42:28 UTC 2012
Currently Blocker bugs are named "F<release><milestone>":
To indicate whether something was accepted as a blocker or not the
whiteboard is used: AcceptedBlocker or RejectedBlocker
Nice-to-have bugs are named "F<release><milestone>-accepted":
To indicate whether something was accepted as a nice-to-have or not
again the whiteboard is used: AcceptedNTH or RejectedNTH.
This is inconsistent and confusing:
1. Blocker bugs for alpha and beta don't have "blocker" in their
name but the final has.
2. Naming the NTH bugs "-accepted" can be easily confused with the
whiteboard status and sounds like an accepted blocker, but not
like only nice-to-have.
Therefor I propose:
* F<release><Milestone>Blocker, that is FXXAlphaBlocker,
* F<release><Milestone>NTH, that is FXXAlphaNTH, FXXBetaNTH,
* Whiteboard remains unchanged.
Questions, feedback, thoughts or rants anybody?
More information about the devel