Confusing tracker bug naming

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sun Oct 7 05:54:13 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-10-07 at 02:23 +0200, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 06.10.2012, 23:47 +0000 schrieb Andre Robatino:
> > Here was my proposal:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talk:BugZappers/HouseKeeping/Trackers
>
> For the list: Robin's proposal is
>       * 15Alpha, 15Beta and 15Final (or alternatively 15)
>       * 15AlphaNTH, 15BetaNTH and 15FinalNTH (or alternatively 15NTH)
>
> So we agree that having two different labels for one thing (NTH and
> accepted) is confusing and that 'accepted' is even worse because it can
> be confused with the whiteboard statuses.
>
> I think just a number (like 15) is not enough. The advantage I see for
> my proposal is that the it is consistent not only throughout the names
> of the tracker bugs but throughout both bug names and whiteboard
> statuses: Blocker in the whiteboard can only exist in a Blocker bug.
>
> But this is only a minor difference that I don't really care about as
> long as we get change the current 'accepted' names. :)

Yeah, we have several proposals. The good thing is that BZ aliases
aren't exclusive, a bug can have as many as you like. Heck, we could add
all the proposals as aliases to the F18 bugs, even. Whatever floats your
boat. =)

I don't mind doing that, but a (slightly) less radical plan would be to
add all the proposals as aliases to the F19 bugs and see how people like
'em. That wouldn't be too difficult, it'd only take someone maybe an
hour to go and unearth all the proposals and edit the bugs. Anyone want
a ticket to do it?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey