Plans for anaconda LVM/RAID support

Jochen Schmitt Jochen at herr-schmitt.de
Sun Oct 7 05:57:24 UTC 2012

On Sat, Oct 06, 2012 at 07:36:13PM -0500, Ian Pilcher wrote:

> Currently (F18 Beta TC2), it seems to be impossible for those of us who
> have fully allocated our storage to either (or both) of these
> technologies to install Fedora 18 at all.

I have compain a simular issue a few months ago on this
mailing list.

The issue is, that anaconda is unable to install grub2, if
you have put the /boot partition in a LVM.

The only workaround nowaday is to install Fedora without
installing the bottloader. After the installation you have
to boot from a rescue media and install the bootmanager
after chroot to the root partitition in the LVM.

Booting a system with /boot in a LVM works fine in F17 for me.

Best Regards:

Jochen Schmitt