Plans for anaconda LVM/RAID support

Milan Broz mbroz at redhat.com
Sun Oct 7 10:10:55 UTC 2012

On 10/07/2012 02:36 AM, Ian Pilcher wrote:
> I'm sure that this information is somewhere on the Fedora Wiki, but my
> search-fu apparently isn't up to the task of finding it.
>
> What are the plans for LVM and/or software RAID support?
>
> Currently (F18 Beta TC2), it seems to be impossible for those of us who
> have fully allocated our storage to either (or both) of these
> technologies to install Fedora 18 at all.

Seems disk encryption (LUKS) is impossible to configure in TC2 as well
(neither with LVM nor without LVM).
Usually the installer crashes when trying any custom change, which seems
to be known bug according to https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Work_List

Actually, I though beta should be feature complete for testing
(ok, 2 days left still :-), did I miss some approved plan to remove extended
storage features (like iSCSI) and LVM, RAID and LUKS installation
from Fedora graphical installer support for F18?

Al it seems to head to "write your kickstart script manually if you need such things".

It means F18 GUI installation will be completely unusable for people
requiring enterprise features but unable to write own kickstart themselves.

Milan