Any progress in Software Center in Fedora effort?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Oct 7 18:02:26 UTC 2012

Am 07.10.2012 19:55, schrieb drago01:
> Maybe maybe not. The point is that a fancy software shop would result
> into this "old mother" type of user consider to use fedora.
> A user ultimately don't care about packages but about applications.
> Other distritors are moving in this direction while we fall behind.
> We should lead here like we do in other areas.

why do we need to lead everywehre for every price?

>> It will be nice if more people uses Fedora, but it not the main target, the
>> greatness of Fedora is not measured but how many user it have, compared to
>> other Linuxes or other os'es.
>
> Well without users (and growth) it will become irrelevant and thus it
> will become harder to achieve anything else.

nobody says "without users"
but do we really need every noob as user?

why have we different operating systems and distributions if all
satisfies the same user-base for every price? there is also a need
for a clean and straight forwarded linux without compromises only
to fetch users better satisfied with OSX or windows