systemd requires HTTP server and serves QR codes

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 04:34:40 UTC 2012

Miloslav Trmač (mitr at volny.cz) said:
> > is any current data
> > available about how our minimal footprint got worse/better over time in
> > both terms of packages and disk space, and which packages are to blame
> > for it?
> >
> > If the libmicrohttpd dep really is problematic I am happy to split it
> > off, but I'd really like some hard data first whether doing this would
> > help more than a trivial bit to achieve a smaller minimal installation
> > set.
>
> One more network-listening service, let alone an unauthenticated one,
> is way "more than a trivial bit" IMHO.

Well, it *is* off by default.

Checking the minimal install of the moment:

Install  38 Packages (+160 Dependent packages)

Total download size: 129 M
Installed size: 505 M

In that minimal install, the following disabled services exist:
NetworkManager-wait-online.service
autovt at .service
console-getty.service
console-shell.service
debug-shell.service
dnsmasq.service
ip6tables.service
iptables.service
rdisc.service
saslauthd.service
wpa_supplicant.service
systemd-journal-gatewayd.socket

The follwing 'traditional' services are enabled:
auditd.service
sshd.service
sm-client.service
sendmail.service