[Feature Suggestion] UsrMove continued

tim.lauridsen at gmail.com tim.lauridsen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 08:13:03 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>wrote:

> So you make your system incompatible with every other Linux distro out
> there, and with all existing documentation, but to what end? Tidyness?
>
> Rich.
>
> --
> Richard Jones, Virtualization Group, Red Hat
> http://people.redhat.com/~rjones
> New in Fedora 11: Fedora Windows cross-compiler. Compile Windows
> programs, test, and build Windows installers. Over 70 libraries supprt'd
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW http://www.annexia.org/fedora_mingw
> --

+1 to Richard, I really don't see the purpose, why does it matter that
number of dirs in /.
Lot of apps will break if you move /proc or /dev, and if you replace them
with symlink in the next 10 years you still have the same number of dirs
under /, you have even more because you have added some new ones.
I can understand you want to merge dirs there have the same function /bin
-> /usr/bin, but this has no benefits at all.

Tim