[Feature Suggestion] UsrMove continued

Tomas Radej tradej at redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 11:18:39 UTC 2012

On 10/09/2012 10:13 AM, tim.lauridsen at gmail.com wrote:

> I can understand you want to merge dirs there have the same function
> /bin -> /usr/bin, but this has no benefits at all.

I am not sure if this has no benefits whatsoever, but I do agree that if
you want to keep the compatibility (which you IMHO should), you need to
keep the symlinks, indeed making the "tidiness" argument invalid.
Compatibility between distros is also a big thing for me, because quite
often I look for solutions to Fedora problems in Arch or Debian forums,
and I do find them.

So +1 to status quo.

TR

--