replacing rsyslogd in minimal with journald [was Re: systemd requires HTTP server and serves QR codes]

John.Florian at dart.biz John.Florian at dart.biz
Tue Oct 9 12:55:51 UTC 2012

> From: "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com>

> I personally want to see the documentation releng/fesco has about what
> the default minimal set, what the process is to have something
> include,excluded from it and why the packages that exist in it are there

> in the first place.

I too would very much like to see this as almost all of the (hundreds,
soon to be thousands of) systems I manage start life as a minimal install
and grow "just enough" to fit their role.  I take "minimal" quite
literally in that I believe it should be the absolute minimum to boot,
login and install more atop of that, but only as needed.  Anything beyond
this is some "use case", but minimal is minimal.

--
John Florian