systemd requires HTTP server and serves QR codes

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Tue Oct 9 14:14:17 UTC 2012

On 10/09/2012 04:58 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 03:18:25PM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>> To build such an image I'd really would have preferred not installing
>> the docs. It appears rpm once had a feature for that where you could add
>> excludedocs in rpmrc. This feature seems to have been removed. Why? Can
>> we get that back? Or can I enable this for yum in some other way? Anyone
>> has an idea?

Practically all such configuration was moved from rpmrc to macros eons
ago. So for the last 10+ years, set "%_excludedocs 1" macro (eg
somewhere in /etc/rpm/macros.*) to make it permament, for a signle run
with rpm cli it's --excludedocs (which just flips the relevant API flag)

> +1 to this, although note that we currently ship licenses as doc files, and
> so that might need to go by packaging/legal.

Yup, we can't simply skip licenses. rpm >= 4.11 will have a %doc-like
%license directive in the %files section, so these can be cleanly
separated, and licenses wont be affected by excludedocs. Eg

%files
%doc README NEWS ChangeLog
%license COPYING

	- Panu -