systemd requires HTTP server and serves QR codes

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Tue Oct 9 14:22:50 UTC 2012

On 10/09/2012 05:06 PM, Seth Vidal wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Oct 2012, Matthew Miller wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 03:18:25PM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>>> To build such an image I'd really would have preferred not installing
>>> the docs. It appears rpm once had a feature for that where you could add
>>> excludedocs in rpmrc. This feature seems to have been removed. Why? Can
>>> we get that back? Or can I enable this for yum in some other way? Anyone
>>> has an idea?
>>
>> +1 to this, although note that we currently ship licenses as doc
>> files, and
>> so that might need to go by packaging/legal.
>>
>> There's a yum plugin which sets RPM transaction flags
>> (yum-plugin-tsflags),
>> and with that we could put "tsflags=nodocs" in the yum.conf. Not sure
>> how to
>> get that up to spin-creation tools, and if we're going to count on it it
>> could probably use some polish and integration.
>>
>>> info
>>
>> Yeah that goes along with nodocs. :)
>>

> --nodocs and tsflags=nodocs ends up with ugly ugly things when you want
> to do rpm -Va later.

Err, not. Rpm remembers files that were skipped on purpose and does not
whine about them on verification:

[root at turre ~]# rpm -U --excludedocs /tmp/telnet-0.17-53.fc17.x86_64.rpm
[root at turre ~]# rpm -V telnet
[root at turre ~]# rpm -ql --state telnet
normal        /usr/bin/telnet
not installed /usr/share/doc/telnet-0.17
not installed /usr/share/doc/telnet-0.17/README
not installed /usr/share/man/man1/telnet.1.gz
[root at turre ~]#