replacing rsyslogd in minimal with journald [was Re: systemd requires HTTP server and serves QR codes]

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Oct 9 14:59:25 UTC 2012

On 09/10/12 15:35, Bryn M. Reeves wrote:

> Agreed: I find this irritating too (and the default SYSTEMD_PAGER _is_
> less so I'm not sure how it's being run).

I think I understand this now - because I am sudoing to root in order to
get journalctl to produce output my LESS environment variable is not
having any effect because sudo removes it from the environment.

If I switch to root and set LESS in the root shell and then run
journalctl with -a then I get line wrapping.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/