replacing rsyslogd in minimal with journald [was Re: systemd requires HTTP server and serves QR codes]

"J├│hann B. Gu├░mundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 15:38:42 UTC 2012

On 10/09/2012 03:30 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 05:24:42PM +0200, Richard Marko wrote:
>>> Compared to the other things I mentioned this is less important (because
>>> hey, sysadmins can learn new ways!), but I wanted to elaborate on where this
>>> is coming from.
>> +1. For example swapping action and name parameters for systemctl
>> compared to service calls is just annoying.
> Yes. Again, you're not the first person I've heard this from. Likewise,
> needing to fill out the .service extension. Both make a certain logical
> sense from a design point of view, but they're not putting the user first.

Probably changing this is not doable since you have multiple types of
units that can have the same name foo.path foo.target foo.service
foo.timer etc.

As I have set from the get go it is best for administrator and users
alike to forget all they know of the legacy sysv init stuff and approach
systemd with a fresh mind and as a *new* technology

JBG