systemd requires HTTP server and serves QR codes

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Tue Oct 9 17:15:54 UTC 2012

On Tue, 09.10.12 10:54, Seth Vidal (skvidal at fedoraproject.org) wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Oct 2012, Matthew Miller wrote:
>
> >On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 10:18:27AM -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
> >>You'll need to get the packaging team on board with it. I have to
> >>say it is pretty much non-existent as a priority to anyone I've
> >>spoken with.
> >
> >If we can save space in the minimal cloud image, it seems worth doing to me.
> >Looks like in the current EC2 instance, it's about 35M (minus a few K for
> >licenses).
>
> 35M? That feels a lot like 'meh' to me.

It's 28M of my 434M F18 container image. i.e. 6.5% of the disk space.

/usr/lib/locale and /usr/share/locale are 148M of my 434M container
image, i.e. 35%. I wonder if we could do something about that. Is there
a way to tell yum not to install any translations, or just translations
for a certain set of languages?

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.