systemd requires HTTP server and serves QR codes

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 17:34:37 UTC 2012

> On Tue, 09.10.12 14:41, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" (johannbg at gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> "|CHANGES WITH 194: * If /etc/vconsole.conf is non-existent or empty
>> we will no longer load any console font or key map at boot by
>> default. Instead the kernel defaults will be left intact. This is
>> definitely the right thing to do, as no configuration should mean no
>> configuration, and hard-coding font names that are different on all
>> archs is probably a bad idea. Also, the kernel default key map and
>> font should be good enough for most cases anyway, and mostly
>> identical to the userspace fonts/key maps we previously overloaded
>> them with. If distributions want to continue to default to a
>> non-kernel font or key map they should ship a default
>> /etc/vconsole.conf with the appropriate contents."
> Note that this change has next to zero effect on Fedora, since we pass
> the font/map via the kernel cmdline anyway.

I was referring to the new kernel parameter supposed to be used and that
applications, admins and users a like should be using /etc/vconsole.conf
instead of /etc/sysconfig/i18n

Seriously Lennart how many users do you think are aware of that now when
we have barely manage to go through localization bugs in F18 which may
or my not be a direct result of this "next to zero effect on Fedora"
that this is the way to go?

JBG

*cough* upgrades *cough*