systemd requires HTTP server and serves QR codes

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Tue Oct 9 17:57:47 UTC 2012

On 10/09/2012 08:39 PM, David Malcolm wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-10-09 at 20:20 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:

>>> It's 28M of my 434M F18 container image. i.e. 6.5% of the disk space.
>>>
>>> /usr/lib/locale and /usr/share/locale are 148M of my 434M container
>>> image, i.e. 35%. I wonder if we could do something about that. Is there
>>> a way to tell yum not to install any translations, or just translations
>>> for a certain set of languages?
>>
>> Yup, another rpm macro configuration item (this is obviously the default):
>>
>> #       A colon separated list of desired locales to be installed;
>> #       "all" means install all locale specific files.
>> #
>> %_install_langs all
>
> Is this something that Anaconda could change, based on the language
> settings provided by the user in the UI?  How well do rpm and yum work
> if you actually change this config?

Anaconda used to support this, maybe up to RHEL-4 era or thereabouts.

Both rpm and yum work fine with this as such, presto might have to
revert back to downloading full packages (but I'm not sure about that)

The big problem with selective locale installation is that it's a
one-way street: there's no way to install new locales short of fully
reinstalling all affected packages (or the entire system, while at it).
So while it might be fine for special-purpose installations / images,
it's not that useful on a general purpose installation.

	- Panu -