systemd requires HTTP server and serves QR codes

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 18:00:59 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 01:39:40PM -0400, David Malcolm wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-10-09 at 20:20 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> >
> > #       A colon separated list of desired locales to be installed;
> > #       "all" means install all locale specific files.
> > #
> > %_install_langs all
>
> Is this something that Anaconda could change, based on the language
> settings provided by the user in the UI?  How well do rpm and yum work
> if you actually change this config?

in the past, anaconda's language settings were more about default
localization, not about what locales should be installed.  The package
selection interface had separate packages for supporting some languages.
So somewhere close to that screen might be more appropriate.

rpm and yum should work with that setting.. I used to run with
_install_langs set to three or less languages back in the early Fedora Core
days.

One issue is that there's not really a way for the sysadmin to change this
"on the fly".  ie: if anaconda installs with only one locale, the only way
to then get the other locales is to change _install_langs and then reinstall
the packages.

-Toshio